Department of Civil Engineering
Civil Engineering Department (JKA) was initiated in June 1990 with the help from only 9 staffs. It was administered by Tuan Haji Mahmod bin Haji Basar as the first Head of Department with only 30 students. In the first batch, students only enrolled Certificate of Civil Engineering (Manufacture). With proper plan, amount of classes, labs, workshop and student intake constantly increased.
In January 2007, amount of lecturers exceeded 50 while students increased to 1129. It was then administered by Mrs. Noor Hasnida binti Baharudin as Deputy Head of Department.
Since 2007, continuous effort by JKA has made the department as one of the effective and sophisticated training centre which is able to produce skilled technicians in civil engineering and architecture. It is proven by the graduates' excellent achievement in the workforce; government and private sector.
Apart of that, JKA has open new service which allow graduates with polytechnic certificates who have worked to take Part Time Diploma Course (KSS) which only done during weekends. This gives chance for working students to upgrade their education level. The first intake was in July 2002 with 15 students.
- Computer Lab
- Hydraulic Lab and Water Source
- Auto-Cad Lab
- Concrete Technology Lab
- Road Engineering Lab
- Material and Structure Mechanic Lab
- Soil Mechanic Lab
- Wood Work Workshop
- Pipe Workshop
- Brick Work Workshop
- Architecture Studio
- Architecture Presentation Room
- Architecture Gallery
- Diploma in Civil Engineering
- Certificate in Civil Engineering
- Diploma in Architecture
- Certificate in Architecture
Contact us: 06 - 662 2042