Psychology & Career Unit
The Psychology & Career Unit provides facilities where the students are encouraged to maximised their potential. The Unit also aimed to nurture good mental health among students of Politeknik Port Dickson. The Psychology Officer or the Psychology Supervisor is available to the students to discuss and share information on education, academic purposes, vocational and technical, personal matters, emotions, social and health problems.
The main objective of The Psychology & Career Unit is to help students to better understand on themselves so that they can resolve any problems faced. Group activities are also planned from time to time, to develop communication and interaction skills, leadership skills, management and administration skills. Using this approach, it is hoped that the concept of awareness and responsibilities are nurtured to the students.
The Psychology Officer also offers on information regarding career building, where information on jobs available are updated from time to time as well as arranging interviews to the final semester students. Counseling session is also given to guide the students in career building.Students are encouraged to explore their skills and use then for further self-improvement.
- Counseling Service is handled through individual or grouped counseling session.
- Guidance and Enrichment Service is given through talks, seminars, workshops and forums.
- Prevention activities is done through health programs covering physical and mental, drugs and Aids prevention, stress management and others.
- Career field by means of preparing interview with companies and handling career and motivational talks.
- Listing final year students to IPTA and IPTS for chances of further studies.